View Comments James Macdonald, Gary Wilmes, Paul Dano, Ethan Hawke and Marylouise Burke True West Related Shows Paul Dano and Ethan Hawke (Photos: Emilio Madrid-Kuser for Broadway.com) Sam Shepard’s True West is coming back to Broadway! Starring Ethan Hawke and Paul Dano, the revival will alsofeature Gary Wilmes and Marylouise Burke. True West, directed by James Macdonald, tells the story of follows two brothers who have more in common than they think. Check out the photos and be sure to see this starry revival for yourself when it begins previews on December 27 at the American Airlines Theatre. Show Closed This production ended its run on March 17, 2019
The world’s leading tourism industry fair was officially opened in Berlin ITB Berlin which is celebrating its 50th jubilee, and over 200 visitors are expected at the world’s largest tourism exchange.The biggest one takes place in parallel with the stock exchange world tourism congress “Thing thank” with 20.000 participants, which will host more than 50 different professional gatherings, panels and seminars. All the latest information, trends, technology, destination management, promotion… all in one place. Definitely a major destination for the tourism sector, no matter what branch of tourism you come from. If someone wants to have a global picture of tourism, he must come to ITB Berlin, says Nedo Pinezić, president of the Family Accommodation Association at the Croatian Chamber of Commerce.Fortunately for all those who cannot be present at ITB Berlin, the organizers have provided a free internet transmission that you can follow here Photo: ITB Berlin InstargramThe main topics of the first day were the issue of security, terrorist threats and the refugee crisis, which certainly have a significant impact on tourism trends in Europe. But despite all the potential threats, the main focus of all tourist destinations at the fair is on the German market, which is growing year by year and is the largest with more than 70 million trips longer than five days.For Croatian tourism, Germany is already the standard main emitting market, while last year Croatia chose 2,12 million for vacations, which accounted for 15,8 million overnight stays. Minister of Tourism Anton Kliman from Berlin points out that the current booking for Croatia is very good and that the projections for booking by the end of June for all markets are about 5 percent higher than last year. It is especially significant that bookings from Germany are higher by over 20 percent in the same period last year. If we believe the current projections and analyzes, we can expect about 100 thousand more Germans than last year on our coast.The Minister also presented that 25 new hotels were opened last year, and that 35 percent more investments in the tourism sector are expected this year. The first three days of the fair are intended exclusively for professionals, while the last two days are open to the general public. This year’s ITB fair is being held from March 9 to 13, and it is expected to be visited by almost 200 visitors.
Jan 5, 2012 (CIDRAP News) – The World Health Organization (WHO) today announced the deaths of two men from H5N1 avian influenza, one from Egypt and another from China whose death was reported earlier in the media.The patient from Egypt, a 42-year-old from Menofia governorate, got sick on Dec 16 and was admitted to a hospital in critical condition and treated with oseltamivir (Tamiflu) on Dec 21, the WHO said in a statement. The man died the next day, raising Egypt’s official H5N1 infection total to 157 and the number of deaths from the disease to 55.Of those, 38 cases and 15 deaths occurred in 2011.Egypt’s Central Public Health Laboratories confirmed the H5N1 virus on Dec 24. An investigation into the man’s illness revealed that he had been exposed to sick and dead poultry, according to the WHO report.The man from China, a 39-year-old from Shenzhen in Guangdong province, came down with flu symptoms on Dec 21 and was hospitalized in critical condition on Dec 25. He died on Dec 31, pushing China’s WHO-confirmed H5N1 cases to 41 and its deaths from the virus to 27. His H5N1 case and death, however, are the country’s first in 2011.Guangdong lab officials diagnosed the man’s infection on Dec 30, and the Chinese government lab confirmed it the following day, the WHO reported. Earlier media reports suggested the man had no known exposure to live poultry, and the WHO said an investigation into his exposure to the virus is ongoing. Health authorities are monitoring his close contacts, and so far all are well, according to the WHO.The two infections and deaths push the WHO global H5N1 count to 576 cases and 339 deaths. According to WHO records, the number of H5N1 cases and deaths reported in 2011 so far are modestly higher than 2010 (60 cases versus 48, and 33 deaths versus 24).In a related development, the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) today issued a rapid risk assessment regarding China’s H5N1 fatality, based on a request from the European Commission.The ECDC said the case is not part of a cluster and that the virus that infected the man is closely related to strains recently found in Hong Kong’s wild birds. The findings suggest the patient was infected from an avian source rather than a human one.Sporadic human infections in countries where the virus is endemic in birds aren’t unexpected, and the latest Chinese case doesn’t change the risk to human health, which for EU countries is very low, the ECDC report said.Meanwhile, South Korean officials yesterday advised people traveling to China to take precautions, based on the man’s H5N1 infection, Chosun Ilbo, a newspaper based in Seoul, reported today. The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has also stepped up monitoring of travelers arriving from China by checking their body temperatures and having them fill out questionnaires.See also:Jan 5 WHO statement on Egyptian caseJan 5 WHO statement on Chinese caseJan 5 ECDC risk assessmentJan 5 Chosun Ilbo storyDec 21 WHO global H5N1 case count (does not include the two recent cases and deaths)
We already knew that Peaky Blinders series five was coming soon but it came as quite a shock when the BBC revealed just how soon. The fifth outing of this gritty epic will air on BBC One on Sunday 25th August at 9pm.At the end of series four, we saw Tommy Shelby (Cillian Murphy) joining the ranks of government when he became an MP. With his new role and responsibilities, it will be interesting to see if he can make it in the world of politics. In terms of its place in time, series five will take place just as the Wall Street Crash happens, there’s also a new Scottish razor gang making trouble and fascism is on the rise in the shape of politician Oswald Mosley (Sam Clafin). This part of our not too distant past will be a great backdrop for the series.View the Peaky Blinders series five trailer below:The official plot synopsis reads: “Series five of Steven Knight’s crime family saga finds the world thrown into turmoil by the financial crash of 1929. Opportunity and misfortune are everywhere.“When Tommy Shelby MP (Cillian Murphy) is approached by a charismatic politician with a bold vision for Britain, he realises that his response will affect not just his family’s future but that of the entire nation.”If you’re a massive fan of Peaky Blinders you might want to check out the Legitimate Peaky Blinders Festival that will be taking place in Birmingham over 14th and 15th of September.
Credit: Paramount Home EntertainmentProducer Sam Raimi (Evil Dead) and director Alexandre Aja (The Hills Have Eyes) deliver “a suspenseful thrill ride” (Jim Vejvoda, IGN) in Crawl, available on Blu-ray, DVD and to Download & Keep from today (16 December 2019) from Paramount Home Entertainment.The Download & Keep and Blu-ray releases are loaded with over 45 minutes of thrilling special features, including an exclusive motion comic of the film’s alternate opening. Plus deleted and extended scenes, a behind-the-scenes look at the incredible visual effects, interviews with cast and crew, and an “Alligator Attacks” compilation that highlights the bone-crunching alligator sequences.CRAWL was hailed by critics as “a universal horror crowd-pleaser” (Josh Millican, Dread Central) and as a “lean, mean creature feature loaded with scares” (Alan Jones, Radio Times). As a hurricane tears through Florida, Haley (Kaya Scodelario; Extremely Wicked, Shocking, Evil and Vile) rushes to find her father (Barry Pepper; Maze Runner: Scorch Trials), who is injured and trapped in the crawl space of their home. With the storm intensifying and water levels rising, the pair face an even bigger threat lurking below the surface.Snap up the action this Christmas with Crawl, available on Blu-ray, DVD and to Download & Keep now.To celebrate the release we’ve got 1 copy of Crawl on Blu-ray to give away. Enter below for a chance to win… The competition closes at 23.59 (GMT) on Sunday 22nd December 2019.Terms & Conditions The competition is open to all UK residents over the age of 15.Winners will be selected at random.By entering into the competition all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions.Entertainment Focus does not allow collective or proxy entries.Entertainment Focus reserves the right to change or withdraw this competition without notice.Entertainment Focus will not pass your details to any third parties and they will be used solely for communication regarding this competition.Winners will be notified via email or social media and prizes must be claimed within 5 working days.Winners will be selected at random.The supplier may change the prize offered without warning.There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable. No part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.Entertainment Focus’ decision is final – no correspondence will be entered into.
admin Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window) The next Friday Night Live concert, presented by St. Joe’s Medical Group, will be January 11, featuring the duo Dave Boutette and Kristi Lynn Davis. It will be a night of songcraft and harmony in the intimate upstairs setting at the Farmington Civic Theater.Dave Boutette and Kristi Lynn Davis (contributed)Dave is a Dexter, Michigan singer-songwriter who enthusiastically blends storytelling, music and humor. Kristi is a former Radio City Rockette and a talented singer in her own right. Together, they put on a show that is down home and polished.The evening begins with the versatile Scott Martin. You may have seen Scott, who hails from Canton, play downtown Farmington’s Rhythmz in Riley Park summer concert series. This night, you’ll experience a special one-man show as he performs his own songs.Friday Night Live concerts focus on singer-songwriters and begin at 8 p.m. with doors opening at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $15 and available in advance at the box office or at the door. Also, online at Eventbrite.com. Cash only at the theater.The Farmington Civic Theater, is located in downtown Farmington at 33332 Grand River Avenue. Additional concert information is available on the theater’s Facebook page. Reported by
He recently was tasked with naming the players he would include in his best ever XI, and chose two Barcelona players: Lionel Messi and Xavi Hernandez. Carlos Dominguez 20/01/2015 On Xavi, Pirlo explained: “He’s an intelligent midfield player. He doesn’t need to run all the time, but he controls games for Barcelona and Spain with his intelligence and passing ability.” Andrea Pirlo, now 35, continues to play a key role in the Juventus side. Cast aside by Milan in his early 30s, he’s continued to impress for both the Turin club and for Italy. Here is the side chosen by Andrea Pirlo: Gianluigi Buffon; Phillip Lahm, Paolo Maldini, Fabio Cannavaro, Cafú; Paul Scholes, Gennaro Gattuso, Xavi Hernández; Kaká, Leo Messi, Filippo Inzaghi. Upd. at 18:35 In relation to Messi, he added: “He has achieved so much, but I am sure that he will still achieve more. I don’t have to say what he is capable of, everyone knows that he is one of the best players of all time.” CET
The Castlegar Skateboard Park next to the Sports Complex is host site for the next stop on the 2011 Kootenay Skateboard Series.The event, dubbed the 2011 Castlegar SK8 Jam is part of the Sunfest Celebrations in the Sunflower City and kicks off at 10:30 a.m. Sunday.The Kootenay Skateboard Series started last year as an idea of Ty Smith, who wanted to give boarders an opportunity to strut their stuff.Each event on tour has its own separate format and is individually sponsored but is sanctioned as part of the series.Some of the ideas include game of skate (skateboarding version of Horse), jams format that has competitors scored on style, speed and tricks or just tricks. Helmets are mandatory.Divisions include under-14 years; 15-plus open and a women’s category.Competitors receive 50 points just for showing up.Other points are accumulated on a sliding points scale — first 10 points, second nine points, third eight points, fourth seven points, fifth six points.Castlegar is the third stop on the circuit. The 2011 Kootenay Skateboard Series opened during Trail Silver City Days before heading to Kaslo for May Days.For more information check out the series website at http://bcskateboarding.org/2010-kssSkateboarders will not want to miss a couple of upcoming events set for June 10 in Castlegar and June 11 in Nelson at Finley’s Bar and Grill.On Friday June 10 at the Black Russian SK8shop in Castlegar, Mia is presenting the Art Show “Warrior”. The show was inspired by former skateboard star Josh Evin. There are skate ramps, a barbecue and free love all day.The event runs from noon to 6 p.m. at the Black Russian SK8shop, 1335 Columbia Ave.Saturday, June 11, there is a fundraiser for the Nelson sk8 Park at Finley’s Bar and Grill.Unfortunately, this event is only open to patrons over the age of 19. For a $10 donation, there are prizes for best party [email protected]