Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/ Join us for all the build-up and action as it happens from the Europa League, as Roma host Borussia Monchengladbach and Lazio visit Celtic. If you are on a mobile device or tablet, then follow the Liveblog HERE. We begin at 17.55 UK time (16.55 GMT) at the Stadio Olimpico, where Roma push through an epic injury crisis to take on Borussia Monchengladbach. The Germans might be joint top of the Bundesliga, but they are struggling so far in Europe this season. At 20.00 UK time (19.00 GMT), Lazio pay a visit to Glasgow’s iconic Celtic Park and need a good result to keep their Europa League ambitions alive. Celtic dropped down into this tournament after losing the Champions League preliminary round.
Inter boss Antonio Conte is aiming to equal his own record for best start to a Serie A season, set with Juventus in 2012-13 and 2013-14. Inter travel to the Stadio dall’Ara to face Bologna this afternoon, and if Conte’s side emerge victorious, it would equal his best start to a season in his coaching career. A win would give Conte 28 points from 11 games. This would equal his current record, which he gained when boss of Juventus in 2012-13 and 2013-14. In 2012-13 in fact, Conte had already reached 28 points by the 10th game, but in Week 11 Juve were defeated by Andrea Stramaccioni’s Inter, a result that ended Juve’s 49-game unbeaten streak. At this stage in his first season at Chelsea, he was on 25 points. His second season was slightly worse, ending on 22 points. With Bari in Serie B, in 2008-09, it was his worst start to a season, and had 17 points. His other Serie B experience, with Siena, saw him record 22 points by this stage. Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/
Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/ The mayor of Verona has insisted “there were no racist chants” aimed at Mario Balotelli and that his city is the victim of a witch-hunt. Balotelli was racially abused by Verona fans during Brescia’s 2-1 defeat at the Bentegodi on Sunday, and the FIGC will decide whether to punish the Gialloblu today. Despite that, Federico Sboarina appeared to side with ultras leader Luca Castellini, who trivialised the incident in a controversial interview. “It seems like the sentence has already been written in stone,” Sboarina told ANSA. “Objectively, what’s happening to our city is unacceptable. “I reiterate, I was at the stadium yesterday and everyone seemed astonished when Balotelli kicked the ball away. No-one could explain it. “Therefore, there can only be the assumption that it doesn’t exist because there were no racist chants at the stadium. “A fan base and city are being put to shame.” This video, uploaded by a Verona fan, has clearly audible ‘monkey noises’ just before Balotelli kicks the ball into the stands.
Lecce boss Fabio Liverani believes the club is on the right path in order to avoid relegation. “We want to change negative opinions.” The Salentini have drawn four of their last five games and sit 16th in Serie A, but the former Lazio player is happy with what he’s seeing from the team. “We’ve played good games. We want to change the opinions of those who have said negative things about us,” he told Sportitalia. “We are on the right path to avoiding relegation. We must continue like this. The last five games of the year will give us an indication of where we are as a team and what we need to do on the transfer market.” Liverani has been in charge of the Pugliese side since September 2017 and secured promotion to Serie A last season, finishing second in Serie B behind Brescia. Lecce host Cagliari at the Stadio Via del Mare on Sunday evening. Watch Serie A live in the UK on Premier Sports for just £11.99 per month including live LaLiga, Eredivisie, Scottish Cup Football and more. Visit: https://subscribe.premiersports.tv/
The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
“I am still the boss of the Commonwealth Games”, embattled Organising Committee Chairman Suresh Kalmadi insists, while making it clear that he is not a quitter and the spate of corruption allegations will not force him to step down at this stage.Kalmadi said delivering a good Games was a challenge he has taken up and there was no question of resigning from the post as he had done nothing wrong. He also sought to scotch the perception that his wings have been clipped in the wake of the corruption scandals.Asked specifically whether he was still the boss of the Commonwealth Games after the government set up an empowered committee of bureaucrats, Kalmadi said, “Yes. Organising the Games is my responsibility. I am continuing with it.””Group of Ministers was there. The committee of secretaries under Cabinet Secretary was always there. The Prime Minister had a meeting and he has asked all these committees to get more active and give more support. I am getting more support from government and I am the OC chairman,” Kalmadi told PTI in an interview here today.”CGF chief Michael Fennell had come and he had given a good report. So I welcome all this because of the circumstances,” he said.The build-up to the October 3-14 Games has been marred by a series of corruption scandals and construction delays but Kalmadi said things were now under control and his team was capable of delivering a “good and transparent” Games.”I don’t know why all these campaigns started. Everything was smooth till the last 15 days or so. All the foreign countries are saying there will be a good Games. I am ready to face any inquiry after the Games,” he said.advertisement”Our reputation is at stake and after all these years of hard work I don’t want to go down in this manner. That is why I want this inquiry,” Kalmadi pointed out.Asked whether the thought of resignation had crossed his mind in the wake of these allegations, he said, “No. This is a challenge I have taken up. I had promised the CGF when we won the bid that I will deliver a good Games. So there is no question of any such thought.”Kalmadi admitted that he had a tough time in lifting the morale of his team after the alleged corruption scandals came out in the media.”It was not so much a distraction for me but it was for my staff. I have to keep up the morale of my staff, definitely I had a tough time on that,” he said.”Naturally I have to see that the morale of my staff is OK. I have to see that this does not happen again. I have to put them on track. I have addressed them and told them to go ahead without worry,” he added. . On whether the negative publicity that the Games have got was part of a bigger political game masterminded by his own party colleagues, Kalmadi said, “I don’t want to say anything, let them say. I don’t want to respond. I will ensure the Games go off well.”The PM has supported us to a great extent. So no worry on the count that we will deliver the Games. We are focused now. Next one month I will be fully focused and I am not distracted,” he said.Asked if too much work was left for the last minute considering the bid was won in 2003, Kalmadi said, “Initially the question of sanction was there. You have to get certificates to start work. You have to go to the MCD, NDMC and various agencies. Then there were environmental issues and finally somebody went to court. All these processes took time.”Infrastructure, we have got a little late but now everything is under control. For overlays, we have less time.We are racing against time in overlays but we will do it,” he said.Kalmadi refused to take any responsibility for the scandals that have rocked the Games, saying his job was to deliver a good Games.”I have to deliver the Games and I am doing that. That is my most important responsibility. After that there is the inquiry and let us see who has done what. Let us see.”All the allegations are exaggerated like Rs 4000 for toilet paper. Is it possible? These are all wild allegations… we will see after the inquiry. We will give all the things (for inquiry). I am sure all charges will be proved wild charges,” he asserted.advertisementOn whether India’s future bids for mega events like Olympics and Asian Games would be affected in the light of the controversies, Kalmadi said “it is normal for every Games to have some charges or the other”.”When we bid there is euphoria. There is disenchantment when the reality sets in. Then there is search for the guilty.It is the pattern for every Games. Then there is persecution of the innocent and finally there is successful Games and glorification of the uninvolved. This is the pattern everywhere,” Kalmadi said.He said the OC will try to get the people of Delhi involved in the Games.”Next one month will be focused on Delhi. Delhi government is doing its bit, we are doing our bit. My message is have faith and trust in us. We will give a good Games and a very transparent Games,” Kalmadi said.
Tarun Sirohi exhibited great stick work as he slammed four goals to guide Cavalry-USPA to a 6-5 win over Jindal Cavalry in the final of the Baroda Cup at the Jaipur Polo ground in New Delhi on Sunday.Cavalry-USPA took a 1-0 lead at the end of the first chukker and held on to the lead throughout the match, although Jindal Cavalry always kept them on their toes. In the fast-paced final, Sirohi opened the account for Cavalry-USPA in the first chukker and then followed it up with another in the third.Just as Jindal Cavalry threatened to make a comeback in the fourth and final to ensure that the efforts of the rival came to naught. Bhupendra Singh and Samir Suhag scored a goal each for the winners.Jindal Cavalry’s Navjit Singh Sandhu played some really exciting strokes, and time and again came out with some brilliant stick work. Sandhu scored three goals to keep alive the interest in the match as it headed for an exciting finish.Ravi Rathore opened the account for Jindal Cavalry and then Sandhu converted a 30-yard penalty, but their joy was short-lived with Samir Suhag again taking Cavalry-USPA ahead with a 40-yard penalty in the third chukker.Heading into the fourth and final 3 lead but a couple of goals from Sandhu put paid to all the hopes that Jindal Cavalry may have had of making a match out of it. In the dying moments of the match, Jindal Cavalry did get a 30- yard penalty shot, which was converted by Naveen Jindal, but that was too little and too late for them.advertisementPrincess Asha Raje Gaekwad of Baroda distributed the prizes. Mare Boozie was adjudged the best Polo Pony of the match.Scorers for Cavalry-USPA: Tarun Sirohi (4), Samir Suhag (1), Bhupendra Singh (1). Scorers for Jindal-Cavalry: Navjit Singh Sandhu (3), Ravi Rathore (1), Naveen Jindal (1)
India cricket captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni was on Sunday slapped a one-match ban by the ICC as his bowlers bowled a slow-over rate during the third and the deciding Test match at Perth.So when India take on Australia during the fourth and the final Test at Adelaide from January 24, he would be warming the benches while Virender Sehwag may lead the side.Australia convincingly won the third Test to take an unassailable 3-0 lead in the four-match series.The International Cricket Council (ICC) code of conduct states that the captain of any team which is found guilty of bowling slow over-rates on three occasions in a 12-month period will face a one-match suspension.Dhoni has already been booked twice by the ICC in this regard.In 2009 too Dhoni was banned for two ODIs owing to a slow-over rate.