Dear Editor,Questions to the IDB and GPL: The award of the contract for GPL’s Power Utility Upgrade Programme was promised to be awarded by the end of October by both the management of GPL and IDB. This now marks another missed deadline for the award, can someone please shed some light on why this is? The recent swearing-in of the Public Procurement Commission one thought would have offered some hope in transparency and efficiency. Is this now another group of useless bureaucrats?This Power Utility Upgrade Programme was touted to bring much relief to GPL’s aging infrastructure by reducing line losses thus saving billions annually. The Government of Suriname is embarking on a similar project, I bet this will get implemented and completed before ours. Here is to hoping someone keeps their word and we move on with this project or some sort of announcement on a future announcement date and not another extension of the evaluation.Sincerely,Michael Persaud
FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The City of Fort St. John has approved the rezoning of a lot to build a new Anglican church on.The lot has been rezoned from R1 – Single-Detached Housing to Institutional.Trevor Bolin, City Councillor with the City told Energeticcity.ca that the church will still need to work with City Staff when it comes to development and building permits but rezoning the land was the first step in the process to get a new church built.- Advertisement -At the public meeting that was held by the City last night, church parishioners and representatives expressed to Council why they believe the new church would be beneficial.There were no public presentations/oppositions at the meeting.
LAX: A decision on funding a study is expected Monday, with Thursday’s close call on the northern strip still fresh. By Art Marroquin STAFF WRITER Just days after another near-collision on the airfield at LAX, airport commissioners on Monday are expected to approve a $900,000 contract for yet another safety assessment of the airport’s northern runways. Mistakes by a pilot and a ground traffic controller led to the incident Thursday on Los Angeles International Airport’s northern runway, according to Ian Gregor, a spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration. A WestJet Boeing 737 arriving from Calgary, Canada, came within about 50 to 200 feet of a Northwest Airbus A320 that was taking off for Memphis just before 1 p.m., Gregor said. The pilot aboard the WestJet Boeing 737 had switched radio frequencies to the ground traffic controller before receiving final instructions from the air traffic controller, according to Gregor. The ground controller then mistakenly cleared the pilot to cross the runway and proceed to his gate, believing that an air traffic controller had already given the go-ahead. “Because the pilot switched frequency right away, it created a situation where the ground controller was confused,” Gregor said. The WestJet pilot looked down the runway and saw the Northwest Airbus A320 beginning to take off, then asked the ground controller to confirm whether he was clear to cross the runway, according to Gregor. The ground controller then realized the pilot was not cleared to cross the runway, and instructed him to stop. At the same time, an automated anti-collision system at the airport sounded. “We are investigating this as both pilot error and controller error,” Gregor said. “Even though the two aircraft got too close to each other, the safety system worked because both the pilot and the controller realized something was amiss, and the anti-collision system sounded an alarm.” No injuries were reported during the airport’s eighth so-called runway incursion this year, matching the total number of near-collisions in 2006. The incident is under investigation. Los Angeles City Councilman Bill Rosendahl praised technology already in place aimed at preventing runway incursions but called on Los Angeles World Airports, the city agency that operates LAX, to install runway lights that would alert pilots when it is safe to take off or cross a runway. Such lights are used at airports in San Diego and Dallas. “Safety is priority one,” said Rosendahl, whose 11th District includes LAX. “We need to know why modern, common-sense, relatively cheap fixes are not in place.” Earlier this week, the FAA announced five short-term steps aimed at reducing runway incursions. Among them are expedited safety reviews at 20 airports identified as having the highest number of incursions, and revised gate-to-runway taxi training procedures for pilots. The FAA also is moving up a deadline for 73 airports to upgrade runway signs and markings to October of this year, from September 2008. LAX officials have struggled for several years to reduce the number of runway incursions at the airport. Since 1994, lights, signs and the computerized anti-collision system have been installed, but airport officials want to make more drastic safety improvements. A series of reports released in June found that the two northern runways at LAX have a cramped layout and can no longer handle air traffic safely or effectively. “The reason most runway incursions occur is because of the airfield’s geometry,” Gregor said of the parallel northern runways. “They land and then quickly come up against another runway they have to cross to get to their gates,” he said. “A centerline taxiway would dramatically increase safety at runways.” The reports, completed earlier this year by a series of aviation consulting groups, suggested moving the runways apart from each other and creating a center taxiway as a way to increase safety. The findings are similar to changes made as part of a $333million reconfiguration of the airport’s southern airfield, where runway incursions occurred more frequently. Rosendahl and other officials had criticized the reports as having come from agencies with a financial or political interest in moving the northern runways. They called for an independent examination, settling on the NASA’s Ames Research Center, based in Moffett Field, Calif. The airport commission will likely approve a $900,000 contract on Monday that would allow NASA to conduct the study. “We need a credible, unbiased expert like NASA to examine any safety issue and help us craft a range of solutions,” Rosendahl said. “For the first time, all sides of this contentious debate have agreed on how to fairly look at the safety issue on the north airfield.” Westchester-area residents have criticized the previous reports, which called for moving one of the northern runways at least 340 feet closer to their homes. Opponents of a runway shift said airport safety could be heightened by adding more runway stoplights, hiring more air traffic controllers and requiring more space between airplanes. “Political rhetoric attempting to align a near catastrophe with efforts to stop LAX expansion are misleading, incorrect and inappropriate,” said Denny Schneider, president of Alliance for a Regional Solution to Airport Congestion. “There are things to be done other than spending billions to move runways,” he said. “Over the years, the FAA and LAWA have made many safety improvements, but there are more available choices beyond runway separation.” In May 2005, the FAA approved a plan proposed by then-Mayor James Hahn that called for moving one of the northern runways south and demolishing Terminals 1, 2 and 3 and a portion of the Tom Bradley International Terminal. FAA officials say they can’t tell LAX how to configure the northern runways, noting that the agency’s role is to review proposed projects. “We believe the airport should do something to reconfigure the northern airfield,” Gregor said. “But it’s not our role to tell them how, and we don’t have the authority to tell local airport operators what to do.” firstname.lastname@example.org 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
1 Blackburn Rover striker Rudy Gestede celebrates Millwall’s hopes of securing Championship survival were dealt a huge blow after two late goals were enough to give Blackburn Rovers a 2-0 win at Ewood Park.Rudy Gestede’s sumptuous volley in the 78th minute finally broke the deadlock for Rovers and substitute Jordan Rhodes settled it in injury time with a swift breakaway goal.It was a cruel result on the increasingly desperate Lions, who remain four points adrift of safety with just two games left to save their second tier status.They created a host of chances in an encouraging first half display, but were again left to rue a lack of attacking quality as Martyn Woolford twice went close and the same player saw an effort cleared off the line in the second.Ultimately it was a damaging defeat for the visitors, who have lost five of their last seven away games and are still sit third from bottom.The visitors made an bright start, with Woolford dragging a shot wide and Alan Dunne’s long-range effort inches wide of providing a spectacular opener in the first five minutes.Blackburn’s first real sight of goal came after 13 minutes when Taylor showed good footwork to weave away from the Millwall defence but he shot straight at David Forde.Three chances fell in the closing exchanges of the first half. Woolford’s 20-yard drive was grasped by Steele, while Forde was forced into a flying save by Taylor’s curling effort.But Millwall went agonisingly close through Jimmy Abdou’s glancing header that drifted wide, and they went even closer a minute after the restart when Woolford hooked a fine effort goalwards from the left of the area, only for Tommy Spurr to clear off the line.Rovers also had their chances, with Chris Brown seeing a looping header come back off the crossbar, before Gestede finally opened the scoring with his 20th of the season, volleying in from Craig Conway’s inswinging cross.Cairney then saw a goalbound effort blocked moments later before O’Brien missed gilt-edged chance in the closing moments when he shot straight at Steele with the goal at his mercy.And Rhodes compounded the misery in injury time by slotting home his 19th of the season on the counter.
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORESurfer attacked by shark near Channel Islands calls rescue a ‘Christmas miracle’160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! 10:30 a.m. No word yet on whether running back Nicolas Grigsby will be cleared to play for California against Santa Fe in Friday night’s Del Rio League opener. Del Rio League principals reportedly have been told by CIF Southern Section representatives a decision on whether the transfer from St. Paul will be cleared to play probably will be announced sometime Friday.
New Bournemouth star Dominic Solanke could be out of action until February with a hamstring injury.The striker was signed by the Cherries on Friday for £19million from Liverpool but the club were fully aware that he would be sidelined until next month. Premier League Team of the Season so far, including Liverpool and Leicester stars 1 Solanke signed for Bournemouth during the January transfer window getty Where Ancelotti ranks with every Premier League boss for trophies won Berahino hits back at b******t Johnson criticism – ‘I was in a dark place at Stoke’ Oxlade-Chamberlain suffers another setback as Klopp confirms serious injury RANKED no dice shining REPLY BEST OF REVEALED Latest Football News Cherries manager Eddie Howe insisted there was no risk in drafting in the 21-year-old despite him carrying an existing injury issue.“Dominic will miss most of January I would say, because he’s got a bit of a hamstring issue,” said Howe, after Bournemouth lost 3-1 to Brighton in the FA Cup third round at Dean Court.“It will be more February before we’re likely to see him in action, but we knew about that because he’s been through all the medicals and checks. Forbes list reveals how much Mayweather, Ronaldo and Messi earned this decade Which teams do the best on Boxing Day in the Premier League era? REVEALED Every time Ally McCoist lost it on air in 2019, including funny XI reactions Ronaldo warned Lukaku how hard scoring goals in Serie A would be before Inter move huge blow ADVICE Son ban confirmed as Tottenham fail with appeal to overturn red card Top nine Premier League free transfers of the decade MONEY “He adds a slightly different dynamic to our front line: he can hold the ball up in play, he’s technically gifted, has a good physical presence and all-round he’s a very good player.”Solanke had been widely tipped to join Crystal Palace on loan until the end of the season but the move broke down because of the injury he is carrying.
The Chilean ace signed a £500,000-a-week deal with the Red Devils in January 2018, and recent reports claim he has now banked £41m in wages since he joined the club.That works out at £8.2m for each of the five goals he has scored in total since he arrived at Old Trafford.It appears his United nightmare could soon be over amid links with a loan move to Inter, with the Italian club said to be in ‘early talks’ with the Premier League giants over a deal for Sanchez. “You wanted this kind of money, and with that kind of money comes expectation and then subsequent to that comes performances.“Where is the player in all of this? Why isn’t the player doing his job?“We’re talking about a player who isn’t lifting a leg and is getting £25million a year! It’s lunacy!”Listen back to Simon Jordan on The Final World IN FULL above getty Alexis Sanchez could go down as one of the worst Manchester United signing ever Arsenal transfer news LIVE: Ndidi bid, targets named, Ozil is ‘skiving little git’ 2 New job BIG PRESENTS UP TOP Former Crystal Palace and West Brom manager Pardew takes over at Dutch strugglers OFF FAREWELL Sanchez’s time at Old Trafford has been a disaster so far LATEST And Jordan has blasted the 30-year-old’s attitude, saying he is not proving bang for buck in a United shirt.“The fact of the matter is, Alexis Sanchez has stunk the place out,” the former Crystal Palace chairman said on the Final Word.“He has stunk the place out, and I don’t think his attitude has been spot on either.“You don’t go from a big-time player and game-changer at Arsenal to being a player who is suddenly being weighed down by the expectation of you. latest Top scorer in 2019: Messi, Mbappe and Sterling trailing Europe’s top marksman LATEST FOOTBALL HEADLINES Redknapp calls Son ‘petulant’, but Holloway says red card for Rudiger kick was ‘soft’ What every Premier League club’s fans dream of this Christmas Matic one of two players for sale with ‘two Premier League clubs’ interested 2 on target deals Simon Jordan says Alexis Sanchez has ‘stunk the place out’ since joining Manchester United, and is raging the forward has got away with ‘not lifting a leg’ on £25million-a-year wages.Sanchez has spectacularly flopped since his arrival from Arsenal 18 months ago. Liverpool news live: Klopp reveals when Minamino will play and issues injury update Man United transfer news live: Haaland ‘wants a change’, two players off in January getty
Beard, Micheal J.Battery – Domestic Adam, Candance R.FTA- Poss of MarijuanaFTA- Poss of Paraphernalia
The transportation of a massive concrete structure caused frustration for motorists traveling from Dublin to Donegal earlier tonight.Motorists were forced to drop to a snail’s pace around Lifford as at least two of the large loads were taken to Donegal around 11pm.One motorist said he understood that at least the huge was not being transported during peak traffic times. However, he said “You would think that they could have warned us in advance about the huge delays.“I’ve been in traffic now for what feels like an hour. It’s just not on and we really should have received a warning.”Motorists’ anger as they get stuck in concrete convoy was last modified: May 17th, 2017 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:concretedonegalLiffordTailbacktraffic
Share This!One of our favorite Disney bag brands, Loungefly, has the cutest collection of accessories themed for the It’s a Small World attraction.The line includes an $80 backpack that’s the same size as most of the other vinyl Loungefly bags sold in the parks. The white and gold design is primarily reminiscent of the exterior of the Disneyland version of the ride.The 4.75 inch by 6.5 inch World Traveler case is priced at $19.99 and is just the right size for many phones; however, the lack of a wrist strap means that this really has to be used as bag-within-a-bag like a coin purse, rather than on its own.The 4 inch by 8.5 inch Beefeater case (also $19.99) suffers from the same issue. I’d use both of these as a card case, but it’s a shame that they have to hide away in another purse rather than being carried on their own as a wristlet.All three bags are available throughout the parks (we found these in the Emporium in the Magic Kingdom) and on shopDisney.com.